Head of Content - Mathematics
Mathspace is a cutting-edge eLearning platform, delivering enriching and personalised mathematics content to thousands of schools across Australia, the USA, the UK, and the Asia-Pacific region.
Students are provided with step-by-step marking and assistance to ensure they receive the right help at the right time no matter how they choose to engage with a question. Our content is engaging and interactive, and the Mathspace system adapts to student proficiency while providing a wealth of data for educators to guide their students' growth to complete mastery.
Learn more about what we do in this video.
We're looking for an experienced educator to join our amazing content team in a leadership role. The role entails the following components:
- Lead and manage/support content team in creating comprehensive, meaningful and quality question and lesson content for years (3-12).
- Draw on understanding of best teaching and learning practices to :
- Oversee quality and rigour of content, and ensure that the individual components of content are purposefully designed and scaffolded, and worth together to form a cohesive and rich learning experience for students/to maximise students’ learning outcomes.
- Review and establish best practices in content creation.
- Enhance our existing content through established best practices.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders in developing and implementing content strategy that is aligned with organisation’s mission and goals.
- Coordinate with heads of department make sure approach to content is consistent with product design, marketing and sales strategies.
- Excellent pedagogical practice that supports students' conceptual mastery of secondary mathematics
- Excellent understanding of students' learning behaviour and needs
- At least 5 years experience teaching in Secondary Schools or similar
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Solid experience authoring question and lesson content
- Excellent understanding of education technology applications in the classroom
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach
Nice to haves
- Video presentation and/or editing experience
- Experience using LaTeX or similar
- Experience with Python programming language or basic understanding of coding
- Vibrant and creative Surry Hills office
- Relaxed and friendly work environment
- Lead a talented team of Maths enthusiasts to create world-class content impacting teachers and students across the globe
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community