Mathematics Curriculum Specialist (EdTech)
Mathspace is a cutting-edge eLearning platform, delivering enriching and personalised mathematics content to hundreds of schools across Australia and thousands across the globe.
Students are provided with step-by-step marking and assistance to ensure they receive the right help at the right time no matter how they choose to engage with a question. Our content is engaging and interactive, and the Mathspace system adapts to student proficiency while providing a wealth of data for educators to guide their students' growth to complete mastery.
Increasingly, Mathspace is being used as a core mathematics learning resource by year 7-10 students all across Australia, and we are currently revamping our content across Grades 11-12 in all states to create a rigorous and comprehensive Mathspace eBook, developed specifically with state requirements in mind from the outset. As such an opportunity has arisen for experienced teachers and authors with expertise in the following curricula to join our team on a casual contract basis:
- 11/12 Advanced course
- 11/12 Extension 1 course
- 11/12 General/Further courses
- 11/12 Methods course
- 11/12 Applications course
- 11/12 Methods course
QLD, ACT, NT, TAS
- 11/12 General Mathematics
- 11/12 Mathematical Methods
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced teachers to do some contract work over the holidays and shape a product being used by hundreds of thousands of students across Australia. We're looking for passionate educators who want to build the content that they'd like to use in their classrooms.
The role will involve:
- identifying the structure of topics and subtopics through a course to successfully address all mathematical skills while maintaining a coherence.
- Identifying existing content within Mathspace to populate topics and subtopics.
- Writing content for gaps in existing content to ensure rigour, a balance between procedural skills & fluency, conceptual understanding and application.
- Experience in delivering some or all of the Year 11 and 12 courses for your state.
- Detailed knowledge of specific question types that address curriculum outcomes.
- 3+ years of experience in teaching or tutoring the Year 11/12 Mathematics courses in your state.
- Understanding of the new curriculum requirements for your state is an advantage.
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach
- Ability to stick to deadlines
- Able to commit at least 16 hours a week for the duration of the project
Nice to haves:
- A basic understanding of coding
- Excellent communication skills
- Contribute to a world-class learning resource that is transforming the future of maths education worldwide.
- Manage your own time and have autonomy to write awesome content.
- Full training and professional development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.