Are you passionate about your craft and have an eye for the little details that make a user’s experience amazing? Are you great at pragmatic decision making and love to get involved with the development of a solution from start to finish? Do you listen to Design Details and spend too much time on Dribbble?
We may be what you're looking for. We're on the search for a talented designer to lead UI for the world’s smartest (but not yet most user friendly) maths app. You’ll be working closely with the founders, marketing and product/engineering team to research, design, test and ship sophisticated user interfaces for a product used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. Your role will be instrumental in giving Mathspace a unique voice and guiding the development of the product. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a young company that is creating large-scale solutions for teaching and learning Maths.
What you will do
- You will take big ideas and use Lean UX and design thinking to turn them into features that will benefit our student users.
- You will be thinking in terms of design systems and using the system to maintain visual consistency.
- Give feedback to developers, designers and everyone in the product team to raise the bar for our product quality.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to deliver new features.
- Prototype and validate design ideas with our users.
- Advocating Lean UX and user centric thinking in the product team
- You care as much about the form as well as the function. You should have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry and white space.
- Iconography and illustration is a key component of our visual brand. You should be comfortable constructing your own iconography.
- Strong experience in designing web based applications.
- Strong experience in designing mobile based applications.
- You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
Tools we like
- Sketch for UI design
- InVision to prototype
- Lean UX tools (value proposition canvas, etc) to ideate
- Design thinking tools (Empathy maps, etc) to ideate
- Illustrator to illustrate
- After Effects to animate
- The opportunity to use technology to transform Mathematics education.
- Great team, flat hierarchy & no room for egos
- Commitment to work-life balance and flexibility
- Remote working 10 days per year - from home, as part of a holiday, or from where ever you want
- Company supplied MacBook Pro or bring your own tech and get $1500 tech resource fee
- Staff development with weekly lunchtime lightning talks about the latest technologies
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community. Each employee has 2.5 days to volunteer with the charity of their choice
To make an impact
- Cover letter with best examples of your awesomeness
- Dribbble/Behance account or other portfolio
Listed in descending order of the impact they may have on us.