Mathspace is global technology leader in personalised maths education. Our mission is simple - to bring technology into classrooms, and have more students receiving higher quality, and more engaging mathematical education than ever before.
Our adaptive learning technology is already helping students (and their teachers) across the globe, and this is just the first step for us, towards our mission of highly engaging and exceptional learning experience for every student, in every maths classroom, around the world. At Mathspace, we envision a world where every student gets delivered a learning experience based on their ability, their learning style and their progress.
We're doubling paid users every year, and our engineering team is growing fast. We have a few available opportunities and you'll be joining a team of currently 13 engineers (split on frontend and backend) that we plan to grow to 20 by end of 2018. Our Sydney office is about 35 people total now and we have maintained the startup environment as we grow.
Check out this TED talk our CEO gave on one of our initiatives.
Check out this video for a bit about our product.
Are you passionate about what you do and love doing things the right way? Are you great at pragmatic decision-making and love to get involved with the development of a solution from start to finish? Do you enjoy working on complex problems and figuring out good solutions?
You will work closely with Mathspace's Product, Marketing and Design teams to engineer sophisticated user interfaces for a product used by hundreds of thousands of students and teachers worldwide. This is an opportunity to use cutting edge technology to revolutionise how mathematics principals are taught and learned.
We'd love you to have;
- Experience building complex apps with React. Ideally this will be commercial experience, but sophisticated personal / side projects will also be considered.
- A working knowledge of HTML5 / CSS3
- It's a bonus if you have knowledge of React Native, Functional programming, Responsive design, iOS / Android development or SVG too.
Mathspace offer the following Benefits to our people:
- Industry-leading base salary, plus superannuation (pension) contributions.
- The chance to use technology to transform and promote Mathematics education, to a huge global audience.
- 10 days fully remote working per year. Always fancied that trip around South America but don't have the vacation days? You can use these two weeks to work from anywhere with wifi.
- Our standard equipment is a MacBook Pro, but you are welcome to bring your own device and receive $1500 reimbursement if you prefer.
- Host and attend monthly tech talks where team members take turns to share their specialist knowledge.
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community.
- We will offer you 2.5 paid days per year to volunteer with the charity of your choice.
We believe that the unique contributions of our team is the driver of our success at Mathspace. To make sure that our products and company culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.