Sales Manager - NZ (EdTech)
Are you passionate about Mathematics education? Are you a Maths teacher or teacher looking to make a difference beyond the walls of your classroom? Do you have some corporate experience, excellent time management skills and a great personality? Do you have experience with professional development and love sharing best practices? Do you have and instill a growth mindset in your students and peers?
Do you think about doing something fulfilling where you have a pivotal role in a growing organisation that's challenging traditional lock-step teaching of Mathematics?
We may be what you're looking for. I'm Mo, founder of Mathspace, and we're looking for a highly talented and motivated individual to join our team as we grow our company creating transformational change in the lives of teachers and students. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a young company that is creating large-scale solutions for teaching and learning Maths. Are you looking to feel inspired and excited every day?
We're a global technology leader in personalised maths education and you will join a dedicated, high performing team with a mission to rethink the way we teach and learn maths.
We created Mathspace because we believe that technology can help every single student to excel in maths, by providing the right help at the right time.
Our adaptive learning technology is already helping students and teachers across the globe. But we also understand we have only made the first steps towards our vision of a highly engaging and extraordinary learning experience.
The Mathspace web and mobile app is used by thousands of schools across Australia, Hong Kong and the US. What makes Mathspace so unique is that it can tailor maths programs in real-time based on a student’s strengths and weaknesses. We are the only maths platform using step-by-step adaptive learning technology. As a student works on Mathspace, the questions and topics adjust to their level and pace.
For teachers, Mathspace has become the single most important maths education tool on the market. With a number of national curricula from many different countries, teachers have access to up-to-date digital course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs.
Check out this video for a bit about our product - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXpTFcTPnF4
What you'll do
- Manage and build a pipeline of opportunities with schools and universities.
- Visit schools on a daily basis to train teachers on getting the most of our products as well as demonstrating features of products to schools in our pipeline.
- Inspire schools to make the most of technology and adopting a mastery based approach to learning.
- Attend conferences and trade shows, representing the company at booths, speaking and panel events.
- Manage data in CRM system.
- Develop and refine sales strategies and test key hypotheses in collaboration with team.
- 50% travel required.
- Support pilot and existing customers over phone, in-person and via chat/email
- Constantly report to product team on teacher feedback to product and feature suggestions for future releases.
What you'll need
- A strong understanding of the NZ high school Maths curriculum either from study or teaching
- 4+ years experience in education sector.
- Commanding desire to represent a growing brand and to succeed in ed-tech sales
- Passion for integrating technology in K-12 education
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills.
- Incredible organizational skills.
- Commitment to building a lean high-value add technology company.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here to just execute; challenge us and inspire us and make this your company too.
- A sense of humour – we work hard, so it’s good to have some fun.
- You need to be currently living in or near Auckland and have NZ citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Bonus if you have
- 7+ years teaching and classroom experience.
- A strong network of contacts in the secondary mathematics teaching community
- Experience in managing direct reports.
- Experience with CRM systems
- Marketing skills: newsletters, blogging, social media, creating handout and case studies.
- Public speaking and presenting: conferences, panel talks, trade shows and investor updates.
- Professional development experience
What we offer
- Competitive salary and commission.
- Travel Allowance
- Flexible work hours- some scope to work from home and on the road
- Flat hierachy/ management structure
- True ownership of work. You’ll drive your threads of work, our customers and partners will know who you are, and you’ll help grow the company. Your ideas matter.
- The opportunity to use cutting edge technology to transform Mathematics education
- Fulfillment from knowing you’re playing a crucial role making teachers, parents and students’ lives better.
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community. Each employee has 2.5 days to volunteer with the charity of your choice