Mathspace is a Surry Hills based, education tech start-up, and we're quickly becoming the industry leader in Mathematics education across Australia, the US and other emerging markets. Our mission is simple - to bring technology into classrooms, and have more students receiving higher quality, and more engaging mathematical education than ever before.
We are seeking an Office Manager to join our growing team. The perfect person will be passionate about company culture, and making Mathspace an amazing place to work for all of our teams. You will support our C-level Executive team with administrative projects, and keep all the wheels turning behind the scenes here at Mathspace.
Are you super-organised, and full of energy? Would you like to join a growing start-up and introduce new processes to help our business run seamlessly? Are you passionate about employee experience, and keen to learn more about HR and Recruitment? If your answers are yes - please read on!
This is a varied and exciting role, and no two days will be the same. In this role, you'll spend time with every team and department, you'll have the opportunity to "chose your own adventure" and up-skill in the area that interests you most. Career progression is unlimited at Mathspace, and we will support your professional growth.
Some of the things you'll work on include:
- Organising various meetings, running our co-founder's diaries, and monthly social events & outings for our team to enjoy.
- You'll assist the Head of People with some HR & Recruitment activities - scheduling interviews, on-boarding of new hires, assisting with payroll, generating reports, etc.
- Inventory Management - maintaining a record of company assets such as laptops, phones, tablets, our swipe cards, etc.
- You'll also take the lead on some traditional office manager duties, such as: taking inbound calls and messages, accepting deliveries, greeting visitors to our office, arranging travel, dealing with vendors, arranging payment for invoices, etc.
- 2+ years experience in an Office Management / Admin or similar position.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent tertiary education) in any discipline.
- Previous experience with running payroll including super contributions (we use Xero).
- You will need to be highly organised, flexible, have an excellent attention to detail and be willing to get involved in a variety of projects.
- Given the broad scope of this role, we'd love if you were flexible and comfortable with juggling multiple priorities.
- Unfortunately, we can't offer visa sponsorship for this role, and are only considering those with Australian PR or citizenship.
- Industry-leading base salary ($$), plus fully paid superannuation contributions.
- The chance to use technology to transform and promote Mathematics education, to students all over the world.
- We're are highly committed to work-life balance and flexibility. We focus on results - not the hours you spend at the office.
- We offer 10 days fully remote working per year. Always fancied that trip around South America but don't have the vacation days? You can use these two weeks to work from anywhere with wifi.
- Our standard equipment is a MacBook Pro, but you are welcome to bring your own device and receive a $1500 reimbursement if you prefer.
- Host and attend weekly tech talks where team members take turns to share their specialist knowledge.
- We give back to our community - Mathspace partner with Pledge 1% to donate 1% of our team's time, 1% of our products, and 1% of profits to help philanthropic causes.
- We offer all of our people 2.5 paid days per year to volunteer with the charity of their choice.
We believe that the unique contributions of our team is the driver of our success at Mathspace. To make sure that our products and company culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.