Senior Software Engineer (Python)
Mathspace is global technology leader in personalised maths education. Our mission is simple - to bring technology into classrooms, and have more students receiving higher quality, and more engaging mathematical education than ever before.
Our adaptive learning technology is already helping students and teachers across the globe, and this is just the first step for us, towards our mission of highly engaging and exceptional learning experience for every student, in every maths classroom, around the world. At Mathspace, we envision a world where every student gets delivered a learning experience based on their ability, their learning style and their progress.
Are you passionate about the Education space, and motivated by helping young students to learn Mathematics? Do you like the idea of working at a company that's driven by a social mission rather than investors and profits?
Our tech stack is a mix of Python 3, Django 1.11 and Celery, with some GraphQL in places and a PostgreSQL database layer. Everything we build is on AWS, and always endeavor to use the best and the latest coding methodologies, to delivery the best possible product to our users.
We'd love you to have;
- Excellent Python coding skills, and 3+ years commercial experience in a similar role (ideally with strong functional programming ability).
- Experience building complex apps with Django. Ideally this will be in a commercial setting, but we like sophisticated personal/side projects too.
- An innovative spirit, and a real passion for building and owning robust technical products.
Mathspace offer the following Benefits to our people;
- Industry-leading base salary, plus superannuation (pension) contributions.
- The chance to use technology to transform and promote Mathematics education, to a huge global audience.
- We're are highly committed to work-life balance and flexibility. So long as your work is done, you can chose your own hours.
- 10 days fully remote working per year. Always fancied that trip around South America but don't have the vacation days? You can use these two weeks to work from anywhere with wifi.
- Our standard equipment is a MacBook Pro, but you are welcome to bring your own device and receive $1500 reimbursement if you prefer.
- Host and attend weekly tech talks where team members take turns to share their specialist knowledge.
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community.
- We will offer you 2.5 paid days per year to volunteer with the charity of their choice.
We believe that the unique contributions of our team is the driver of our success at Mathspace. To make sure that our products and company culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.