Regional Manager | School Liaison | EdTech sales - Sydney, NSW
Are you passionate about Mathematics education? Are you a Maths teacher or teacher looking to make a difference beyond the walls of your classroom? Do you have some corporate experience, excellent time management skills and a great personality? Do you have experience with professional development and love sharing best practices? Do you have and instill a growth mindset in your students and peers?
Do you think about doing something fulfilling where you have a pivotal role in a growing organisation that's challenging traditional lock-step teaching of Mathematics?
We may be what you're looking for. I'm Mo, founder of Mathspace, and we're looking for a highly talented and motivated individual to join our team as we grow our company creating transformational change in the lives of teachers and students. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a company that is creating large-scale solutions for teaching and learning Maths. Are you looking to feel inspired and excited every day?
What you'll do
- Manage and build a pipeline of opportunities with schools and universities.
- Visit schools on a daily basis to train teachers on getting the most of our products as well as demonstrating features of products to schools in our pipeline.
- Inspire schools to make the most of technology and adopting a mastery based approach to learning.
- Attend conferences and trade shows, representing the company at booths, speaking and panel events.
- Manage data in a CRM system.
- Develop and refine sales strategies and test key hypotheses in collaboration with team.
- Support pilot and existing customers over phone, in-person and via chat/email
- Constantly report to the product team on teacher feedback to product and feature suggestions for future releases.
- 4+ years experience in education sector.
- Commanding desire to represent a growing brand and to succeed in ed-tech sales
- Passion for integrating technology in K-12 education
- A great understanding of the high school Maths curriculum
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills.
- Incredible organizational skills.
- Commitment to building a lean high-value add technology company.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here to just execute; challenge us and inspire us and make this your company too.
- A sense of humour – we work hard, so it’s good to have some fun.
Bonus Points if you have
- 7+ years teaching and classroom experience.
- A strong network of contacts in the secondary mathematics teaching community
- Experience in managing direct reports.
- Experience with CRM systems
- Marketing skills: newsletters, blogging, social media, creating handout and case studies.
- Public speaking and presenting: conferences, panel talks, trade shows and investor updates.
- Professional development experience
- Competitive salary and commission.
- Travel Allowance
- Flexible work hours - some scope to work from home and on the road
- Flat hierachy/ management structure
- True ownership of work. You’ll drive your threads of work, our customers and partners will know who you are, and you’ll help grow the company. Your ideas matter.
- The opportunity to use cutting edge technology to transform Mathematics education
- Fulfillment from knowing you’re playing a crucial role making teachers, parents and students’ lives better.
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community. Each employee has 2.5 days to volunteer with the charity of their choice