Senior Frontend Engineer (React)
We're a global technology leader in personalised maths education and you will join a dedicated, high performing team with a mission to rethink the way we teach and learn maths.
Our adaptive learning technology is already helping students and teachers across the globe. But we also understand we have only made the first steps towards our vision of a highly engaging and extraordinary learning experience. Imagine a world where every student gets delivered a learning experience based on their ability, their learning style and their progress.
We created Mathspace because we believe that technology can help every single student to excel in maths, by providing the right help at the right time.
Check out this video for a bit about our product
Are you passionate about what you do and love doing things the right way? Are you great at pragmatic decision making and love to get involved with the development of a solution from start to finish? Do you enjoy working on complex problems and figuring out good solutions? We may be what you're looking for.
You’ll be working closely with the founders, marketing and design team to engineer sophisticated user interfaces for a product used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. This is an opportunity to use cutting edge technology to transform mathematics education and make an impact. In your role you will be instrumental in advancing our move to ReactJS and exploring the best technologies for our mobile apps.
We're doubling paid users every year, and our engineering team is growing fast. We have a few available opportunities and you'll be joining a team of currently 13 engineers (split on frontend and backend) that will grow to 20 over the first half of 2018. Our Sydney office is about 35 people total now and we have maintained the startup environment as we grow.
What we’re looking for
- Experience building complex apps with React. Ideally this will be commercial experience, but sophisticated personal / side projects will also demonstrate this experience.
- HTML5 / CSS3
What we use
- Relay Modern
Bonus points if you know
- Any of the other tech we use
- React Native
- Functional programming
- Responsive design
- iOS / Android development
What we offer
- The opportunity to use cutting edge technology to transform Mathematics education and make an impact
- Flat hierarchy / management structure
- Bright and open Surry Hills office near Central Station, surrounded by great lunch places
- Weekly team lunches
- Flexible work hours
- Remote working 10 days per year - from home, as part of a holiday, or from where ever you want
- $1500 towards the computer of your choice and sit/stand desks
- Staff development with weekly lunchtime lightning talks about the latest technologies
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community. Each employee has 2.5 days to volunteer with the charity of their choice
- Free entry to exclusive Mathspace table tennis competition :)
Please send us
- Brief intro to yourself
- GitHub account
- Links to work that you are proud of