Head of Sales - Australia
Are you passionate about Mathematics education? Do you have sales experience in the education space? Do you have experience leading and inspiring members of your team?
Do you think about doing something fulfilling where you have a pivotal role in a growing organisation that's challenging traditional lock-step teaching of Mathematics?
We may be what you're looking for. I'm Mo, founder of Mathspace, and we're looking for a highly talented and motivated individual to join our team as we grow our company creating transformational change in the lives of teachers and students. This is a unique opportunity to lead a national sales team and be part of a company that is creating large-scale solutions for teaching and learning Maths.
We're a global technology leader in personalised maths education and you will join a dedicated, high performing team with a mission to rethink the way we teach and learn maths.
We created Mathspace because we believe that technology can help every single student to excel in maths, by providing the right help at the right time.
Our adaptive learning technology is already helping students and teachers across the globe. But we also understand we have only made the first steps towards our vision of a highly engaging and extraordinary learning experience.
The Mathspace web and mobile app is used by thousands of schools across Australia, Hong Kong and the US. What makes Mathspace so unique is that it can tailor maths programs in real-time based on a student’s strengths and weaknesses. We are the only maths platform using step-by-step adaptive learning technology. As a student works on Mathspace, the questions and topics adjust to their level and pace.
For teachers, Mathspace has become the single most important maths education tool on the market. With a number of national curricula from many different countries, teachers have access to up-to-date digital course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs.
Check out this video for a bit about our product - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXpTFcTPnF4
- Develop and refine sales strategies and test key hypotheses in collaboration with the team
- Manage and prioritise the daily activities of the national sales team and lead generation team
- Manage and build a pipeline of opportunities with schools and universities
- Ensure the sales team is properly trained in both product knowledge and presentation skills
- Inspire schools to make the most of technology and adopting a mastery based approach to learning
- Attend conferences and trade shows, representing the company through presentations and panel events
- Manage the sales team's data in CRM system and ensure the team is operating at optimal efficiency
- Report to the product team on teacher feedback to product and feature suggestions for future releases that will maximise potential sales and customer retention
- 5+ years experience in the education sector
- Experience in leading and managing a sales team, ideally in the education space
- Passion for integrating technology in K-12 education
- A background in Maths through study at a tertiary level OR hands on experience through education sales to schools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Public speaking and presenting experience: conferences, panel talks, trade shows and investor updates
- Incredible organizational skills and experience with CRM systems
- Commitment to building a lean high-value add technology company.
- A commanding desire to represent a growing brand and to succeed in ed-tech sales
- Entrepreneurial spirit – you’re not here to just execute; challenge us and inspire us and make this your company too.
- A sense of humour – we work hard, so it’s good to have some fun.
Bonus if you have
- Direct experience in ed-tech sales at a senior level
- Head of Maths experience at a secondary level
- Marketing skills: newsletters, blogging, social media, creating handout and case studies.
- Professional development experience
- A strong network of contacts in the secondary mathematics teaching community
What we offer
- Competitive salary and commission
- Travel Allowance
- Flexible work hours
- Flat hierarchy/ management structure
- True ownership of work. You’ll drive your threads of work, our customers and partners will know who you are, and you’ll help grow the company. Your ideas matter.
- The opportunity to use cutting edge technology to transform Mathematics education
- Fulfilment from knowing you’re playing a crucial role making teachers, parents and students’ lives better.
- We partner with pledge 1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and profit to help nonprofits in our community. Each employee has 2.5 days to volunteer with the charity of their choice