Senior Product Manager
We're a global technology leader in personalised maths education and you will join a dedicated, high performing team with a mission to rethink the way we teach and learn maths.
We created Mathspace because we believe that technology can help every single student to excel in maths, by providing the right help at the right time.
Our adaptive learning technology is already helping students and teachers across the globe. But we also understand we have only made the first steps towards our vision of a highly engaging and extraordinary learning experience.
The Mathspace web and mobile app is used by thousands of schools across Australia, Hong Kong and the US. What makes Mathspace so unique is that it can tailor maths programs in real-time based on a student’s strengths and weaknesses. We are the only maths platform using step-by-step adaptive learning technology. As a student works on Mathspace, the questions and topics adjust to their level and pace.
For teachers, Mathspace has become the single most important maths education tool on the market. With a number of national curricula from many different countries, teachers have access to up-to-date digital course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs.
Check out this video for a bit about our product - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXpTFcTPnF4
Our team is small, but growing and this is an opportunity to get in early, make an impact and shape our future as the first full time product manager. You will be creating a roadmap and defining the vision and strategy for our products, while working closely with the founders and having an opportunity to lead the direction of product at Mathspace.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan
- Work closely with developers, design and marketing
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into product development process
- Lead and own the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative product features
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Define and analyse metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand and analyse user needs through quantitative and qualitative analysis
You love creating simple, intuitive, and engaging experiences that solve complex problems. You love to ask why. You are driven to validate product ideas through qualitative and quantitative data while getting in the head of various user personas. You have a user centred design focus, analytical problem solving skills, proven ability to think conceptually as well as engage in the detail, and an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong inclination towards action and leadership in ambiguous situations. You’re a strategic thinker and strong communicator who can rally the entire team behind your compelling vision for our product.
You’ll have experience in a high growth tech company in an agile environment and at least 5 years working as a Product Manager within digital/technology.
What we offer
- Make an impact and shape our future as the first full time product manager
- The opportunity to use cutting edge technology to transform Mathematics education
- Flat hierarchy / management structure
- Bright and open startup environment in Surry Hills near Central Station
- Staff development with weekly lunchtime lightning talks about the latest technologies
- Monthly team outings
- Flexible work hours
- Remote working 10 days per year - from home, as part of a holiday, or from wherever you want
- We partner with pledge1percent.org to donate 1% of time, product and equity to help nonprofits in our community. Each employee has 2.5 days to volunteer with the charity/initiative of their choice