Head of Talent and Culture
Mathspace is on a growth streak and we're looking to fill our first full time internal recruiter role. But as our team has grown from 10 staff to 40 staff in the space of 2 years we want this to be about so much more than just recruitment. We're looking for someone with a track record of working inside a fast growing tech startup and has helped to establish and maintain a culture of excellence, respect, selflessness and generally ensuring Mathspace remains a place people love to work.
You'll be hunting for talented, diverse people with a strong focus on awesome developers who want to work for a fast growing mission-driven company. In addition to building on your extensive network we are looking for an innovater to explore creative ways to build long term talent pipelines using a range of different tools and channels.
You will be working closely with the founders and devising your own strategies and implementation plans. You will be a leader who will pave their own path and take ownership of the journey from recruitment to onboarding to retention.
In three months you would have:
- Built a trusted advisory position and relationships with the Hiring Leads and Founders.
- Achieved some quick wins in talent delivery of high end tech and product resources.
- Assumed ownership of our recruitment systems/tooling, and optimised critical processes.
- Developed a good connection with the Mathspace vision and mission; developing a strong command over establishing value for the competitive talent landscape.
- Provide accurate reporting of your results to the founders, hiring leads and created an overarching influence within the team community as leader.
In six months you would have:
- Made strong headway with delivery of open roles and created your own metrics of what success looks like, owning the complete strategic pipelining initiatives.
- Developed talent pooling networks across the local, interstate and international talent that provide a level of predictability for hiring outcomes.
- Partnered with engineering team leads to define and broadcast our engineering team culture.
- Partnered with Founders and set the 2019 growth strategy for achieving company and team goals.
The rest will be written by you...
- At least 3 years experience recruiting developers
- A network of talented developers to hit the ground running
- Experience working in/with fast growing tech startup
- Great team, startup culture, flat hierarchy
- The opportunity to contribute to building a team transforming Mathematics education
- Weekly team lunches, Monthly team outings
- Great creative Surry Hills office